NEWPORT BEACH, CALIFORNIA – Preferred Hotels Resorts, the world’s largest independent hotel brand, announces nine new launches for 2022 that it will welcome into its global portfolio of unique hotels, resorts, and residences. From a contemporary ski resort on the slopes of Utah to a national landmark turned luxury design hotel in Oslo, each of these new urban retreats, beach resorts, and historic hideaways will offer travelers authentic, personalized experiences, inviting them to reconnect with inspiring destinations and local cultures as they dust off their passports and set off on new adventures.
Highlights of the new openings within the Preferred Hotels Resorts portfolio for 2022 include:
- Pendry Park City (Utah, United States) – launching January 2022: Set in the heart of Canyons Village at Park City Mountain, the spectacular ski-in, ski-out Pendry Park City will offer a modernist take on a traditional alpine lodge. Paying homage to the surrounding mountain landscape, the resort will boast warm, natural design elements that create a contemporary, open feel, and will feature 153 guestrooms, suites, and residences, each offering floor-to-ceiling windows and curated artwork. Guests and locals alike will enjoy access to four distinct restaurants and bars, a deluxe Spa Pendry and fitness center, a heated rooftop pool with a destination bar, Pinwheel Kids Club, and more than 7,000 square-feet of indoor event space.
- Passalacqua (Lake Como, Italy) – launching June 2022: Built in the 18th century by Count Andrea Lucini Passalacqua, Passalacqua is set on the shores of Lake Como and has hosted historic leaders from Napoleon Bonaparte to Winston Churchill. Sister property to the iconic Grand Hotel Tremezzo, the stately, ultra-luxury mansion retreat will extend 24 stylish suites designed and curated by one of Italy’s most renowned hotelier families – Paolo, Antonella, and Valentina De Santis. Committed to preserving its heritage, Passalacquawill showcase original features, including hidden passageways, centuries-old beamed suites in forgotten stables, and glasshouses with ancient fruit trees. Guests can enjoy the lakeside swimming pool and open-air gym set in the olive groves, vintage boat trips from the private dock, and partake in a variety of wellness and culinary experiences in the manicured gardens such as spa treatments, yoga sessions, farm-to-fork dining, and movies under the stars.
- The Fullerton Ocean Park Hotel Hong Kong (Hong Kong) – launching Summer 2022: Located in Hong Kong’s Southside district, home to the iconic Victoria Harbor and the city’s renowned Ocean Park, the eco-conscious oceanfront resort is the next much-anticipated international launch from The Fullerton Hotels and Resorts. The luxury hotel – perfect for couples, friends, solo visitors, extended families, and business travelers – will offer 425 guest rooms and suites overlooking the South China Sea, including children-themed rooms and two signature suites with private pools. Additional features include four diverse restaurants, an outdoor infinity pool and kids’ lagoon pool, an indoor kids’ play zone, a luxury spa and fitness center, and versatile indoor and outdoor meeting and event spaces, including a 5,600 square-feet pillar-free grand ballroom.
- sly Berlin (Berlin, Germany) – launching Summer 2022: Located in the city’s trendy Friedrichshain neighborhood, Berlin’s coolest new hotel will be housed across four modernized buildings, interconnected via inviting open courtyard spaces and a striking 2,368 square-foot greenhouse. Comprised of 150 guestrooms and suites, some boasting private balconies, sly Berlin’s interiors will showcase a fusion of nature and urban culture, featuring solid oak wood, Italian serpentine stone, stainless steel, and Brutalist concrete touches. Other highlights include a well-equipped gym and a large rooftop sauna with sweeping city skyline views. A lively restaurant and bar, complete with open kitchen and grill area, will be housed in the natural light of the greenhouse amid an abundance of greenery.
- Sommerro (Oslo, Norway) – launching September 2022: A rebirth of a restored 1930s landmark in Frogner, a historic neighborhood in Oslo’s West End, Sommerro celebrates Norwegian design, fusing form and function as the city’s first hotel in an original Art Deco building. Set to be Norway’s largest-ever preservation project, the hotel occupies the former headquarters of the capital city's electrical company, Oslo Lysverker, and through a multi-million-dollar renovation, will become a modern tribute to local cultural heritage. Original artwork by celebrated Norwegian artist Per Krohg is featured throughout the hotel, with pieces including a giant wall fresco and a ceiling mural that nods to the building’s unique history. A true community space, the 231-room property – which counts 56 residences – will also offer four restaurants, three bars, meeting and event spaces with capacity for up to 150 people, a 100-seat gilded theater, a sprawling wellness paradise, and the city’s first year-round rooftop pool, sauna, terrace, and restaurant.
Other 2022 openings include:
- The Wall Street Hotel (New York, United States) – launching Winter 2022: Housed in the historic Tontine Building that originated as the city’s first Stock Exchange in 1729, the sleek, residentially inspired retreat will boast 180 spacious rooms and suites, a fine dining restaurant featuring a Michelin star chef, and a stylish rooftop bar and lounge with outdoor terrace
- Amrit Ocean Resort Residences (Singer Island, The Palm Beaches, Florida, United States) – launching April 2022: Comprising more than seven acres of prime oceanfront on Palm Beach County’s Singer Island, the wellness resort will extend 155 guestrooms, 34 grand luxury wellness suites, and a four-story spa featuring meditation gardens, tranquility pools, outdoor Patanjali yoga classes, and sleep specialist services
- TOA Hotel Spa (Zanzibar, Tanzania) – launching May 2022: Set on a private white sand beach in Pongwe on the east coast of Zanzibar, the tranquil Indian Ocean oasis will include 86 contemporary guestrooms including eight luxurious suites, three swimming pools, a deluxe spa, a signature restaurant, three buzzy bars, and a relaxed café
- Pendry Washington D.C. (Washington, D.C., United States) – launching Fall 2022: Located within The Wharf – the city’s latest waterfront neighborhood – the stylish design hotel will feature 131 guestrooms, three signaturedining and bar concepts, Spa Pendry and fitness center, and 5,000 square-feet of indoor and outdoor meeting spaces
Travelers planning to book a stay at any of these new hotels, or any of the other 650 participating properties across the Preferred Hotel Group portfolio, can access exclusive member rates, earn points, and take advantage of other value-rich immediate benefits during every eligible stay, while also accessing special members-only offers and unique partnerships, by joining I Prefer Hotel Rewards, the world’s largest points-based loyalty program for independent hotels with more than 4 million travelers currently enrolled.
Each of these new member properties are bookable via www.PreferredHotels.com and, for travel advisors, via the GDS using the “PH” and “PV” chain codes. For more information on these hotels or any other Preferred Hotels Resorts member property, please visit www.PreferredHotels.com.
About Preferred Hotels Resorts
Preferred Hotels Resorts is the world"s largest independent hotel brand, representing more than 700 distinctive hotels, resorts, residences, and unique hotel groups across 80 countries. Through its five global collections, Preferred Hotels Resorts connects discerning travelers to the singular luxury hospitality experience that meets their life and style preferences for each occasion. Every property within the portfolio maintains the high-quality standards and unparalleled service levels required by the Preferred Hotels Resorts Integrated Quality Assurance Program. The I Prefer™ Hotel Rewards program, Preferred Residences℠, Preferred Pride℠, and Preferred Golf™ offer valuable benefits for travelers seeking a unique experience. For more information, visit PreferredHotels.com.
Manager, Public Relations - Americas Phone: +1 929 841 5240 Send email Visit website