Podcast Episode January 18, 2022
A video version of this podcast is available to Unlimited Members.
- The video version of this podcast is available to Unlimited Members for free as part of their membership. Become an Unlimited Member »
- You must be logged in with your Unlimited Membership account to see the video here. Login Now »
In this episode of the backpacking Light Podcast, we interview physical therapist and athletic performance coach John Zombro about foot health, footwear, injuries, rehabilitation, training, and more.
Also in this episode: shoes we are looking at in 2022, updates on the Backpacking Light Member Q and A series, and our favorite things we’ve published lately!
- What’s new with the Backpacking Light crew?
- Why is Training for the Uphill Athlete a book worth reading?
- How can WHOOP straps help you track your diet?
- Who is John Zombro?
- What is plantar fasciitis?
- What’s the difference between supination and pronation?
- How can minimalist footwear help with plantar fasciitis?
- What’s the minimum effective dose of foot training to allow for minimalist footwear?
- Is there an advantage to weight training barefoot?
- How to fix plantar fasciitis?
- What is metatarsal strain?
- Is there any way to train metatarsal soft tissue?
- How much protein should athletes eat per day?
- Why is eating well on trail important?
- How can I fix a metatarsal strain?
- What is a sprained ankle?
- When should I ice an injury?
- What are the mechanics of an ankle sprain?
- Should I wear an ankle brace or knee brace?
- Do over-ankle shoes protect the ankle?
- How can lateral training improve hiking strength?
- What is a stress fracture?
- What are the most common locations for stress fractures?
- How does ground reaction force affect hiking injuries?
- Should I wear thick shoes while backpacking?
- How can I train for posterior chain health?
- What can I do to keep my feet strong?
- What shoes are we looking into at Backpacking Light this year?
- What’s a good zero-drop winter boot?
- When is a good time to wear sandals while backpacking?
- What’s new at Backpacking Light?
- Training for the Uphill Athlete
- Training for the New Alpinism
- WHOOP straps
- The Lifetime Athlete website
- Xero Shoes
- Find John Zombro at his website or on Instagram
- Astral Pisgah MS
- Xero Shoes Alpine
- Bedrock Sandals Cairn PRO II Adventure Sandals
- BatteryBench: A Protocol for Testing Portable Battery Chargers and Electronic Devices for Backpacking
- don’t miss our next Members Only Q A – Base Layers, Wicking, and Backpacking
About the Backpacking Light Podcast
- Apple Podcasts | Google Play | Stitcher | Soundcloud | Youtube | RSS
- Backpacking Light Podcast Index
Feedback, Questions, Tips?
- Submit them via email or Twitter and get featured on our next podcast!
- Backpacking Light - Executive Producer
- Ryan Jordan - Director and Co-Host
- Andrew Marshall - Producer and Co-Host
Look for Me in the Mountains - Music
- Written by: Chris Cunningham and Ryan Jordan
- Performed by: Chris Cunningham (acoustic guitar, lead and harmony vocals, harmonica), Chad Langford (upright bass), and Tom Murphy (mandolin).
- Produced by: Basecamp Studios in Bozeman, Montana
- This episode of the Backpacking Light Podcast is supported and kept advertising-free by Backpacking Light membership fees. Please consider becoming a member which helps support projects like this podcast, in addition to a whole slew of other benefits!
You can contact us at email@example.com, or follow us on social media -
- Backpacking Light - Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Andrew Marshall - Instagram | Twitter | WWW
- Ryan Jordan - Instagram | Twitter | WWW
- Some links on this page may be “affiliate” links. If you click on one of these links and visit one of our affiliate partners (usually a retailer site), and subsequently place an order with that retailer, we receive a small commission. These commissions help us provide authors with honoraria, fund our editorial projects, podcasts, instructional webinars, and more, and we appreciate it a lot! Thank you for supporting Backpacking Light!
Get ultralight backpacking skills, gear info, philosophy, news, and more.
Home › Forums › Episode 54 | Foot Injuries, Training, and Rehabilitation for Hikers with John Zombro
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
@andrewsmarshallLocale: Tahoe basin by way of the southern Appalachians
Excited about this conversation.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.